Tuesday 21 January 2014

Reflection

Looking back on today...this is the best and most productive day I've had in a long while. 

I stayed focused, rewarded myself for my accomplishments, and was grateful for the little things. 

I've arranged two different appointments with two different counsellors, spoken to my doc, upped my dosage of celexa from 20 mg to 40 mg, took my medication for the 4th day in a row, had blood work done to try to figure out some other physical issues I've been dealing with, been referred to a psychiatrist, arranged to return to class next week, spent time with my mom, had dinner with my dad, caught up with my best friend, and made quite a few posts on here. 

These accomplishments may seem minor but for me they are huge. I am proud of myself. I'm exhausted and I'm scared but I made it through my day one and I've done more for myself today than I have in the last month. 

Speaking with my best friend earlier (who plays a major role in my support system), we discussed how awesome it is that the universe responds so quickly to your positive energy. Almost immediately after we both decided to take that step in a new direction, make personal changes, and help ourselves, the universe sent good things and good fortune our way. It's a secret power that few of us understand, but all of us possess. That kind of "fake quantum physics" may not be everybody's cup of tea, but the best thing about it is that all it requires you to do is learn how to think positively and send positive messages into the universe. When I need practice doing this, I pick up my copy of "The Secret" and read some of my favourite ideas from the great thinkers interviewed in that book. 

I'm going to end this post because it probably makes no sense, I am exhausted, and I didn't have much to say besides a brief recap of my accomplishments today. Now I'm going to reward myself with some melon, Netflix, and cuddles with this ole boy... 


Goodnight from the both of us! 

SMILES, 

SJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment