Tuesday 21 January 2014

All The Best People Are


In my recent exposure to this wonderful world of blogging, I've come across too many amazing blogs to even keep up with. I'm not lying when I say that my eyes hurt from the extra hours I've put in on my MacBook and iPhone lately pouring over blogs. I find the ones that I have become most wrapped up in are, for the most part, penned by other women struggling with mental illness (shocker! I know). Teachers, students, mothers, daughters, seniors, teens, women of all shapes, sizes, ages, and co-ordinates have taken to the world of blogging to help cope with the hardships of mental illness. 

I understand that depression, like any disease, passes no judgement on who his next victim will be. I know that anybody can be affected by mental illness. Yet, somehow, there has always been something very distinct about every person I have encountered who struggles with it. 

I believe, very firmly, that while depression can be an awful load to bear, it also helps make us better, stronger people. Your ability to feel compassion, empathy, and sympathy for others will improve, your sensitivity to struggle will help you help others, and you will come out a stronger person for it. I believe nobody has the potential to be truly, genuinely happy than somebody who has once seen the darkness of depression and broken through to light. 

You may not have chosen this for yourself, but you must live with it. Let it challenge you. Only let mental illness knock you down so you can get back up and stand taller.  Come out a stronger person, and use your darkest days as a reminder to take care of yourself, of others, and to enjoy life to the fullest!! 

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."      -Anonymous 

You are a special person for what you are going through, and you are getting stronger every day! 

SMILES, 

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment